Rachael Hamilton, Tory MSP for Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire and owner of the Buccleuch Arms Hotel in St Boswells, vented her annoyance with Holyrood this afternoon, insisting it was “a really frustrating place to...
- NHS in imminent danger
- A really frustrating place to work in
- Campaign to unseat 44 Tory MPs
- Worth their weight in gold?
- Size doesn’t matter
- Global Assembly Conference
- Global Britain or Polluter Britain?
- Why Glasgow?
- We can dae better
- OH, SHIT!
- Ambition for COP26
- Profoundly problematic?
- The Tories have “no plan, no roadmap, no thought, no intelligence
- Climate Week in a Climate Crisis
- The big myth of government deficits
- Puerile and petty shenanigans
- Walking a political boundary
- Scottish independence: where would that leave England?
- A global priority
- Her heirs and successors
Articles and posts on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the editor or other contributors.
“We’re not just living through history, we’re making it.” Alyn Smith, candidate for Stirling.
Politics and imaginary hobgoblins
‘The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.’ H. L. Mencken
Older posts by month
Words tell stories
2019 election Boris Johnson Brexit Calum Kerr Conservatives COP26 coronavirus Covid-19 Covid19 democracy Don Roberto Election 2019 environment Equality Nation EU EU membership EU Withdrawal Bill federalism First Minister human rights independence independence referendum Internal Market Bill John Lamont Labour Michael Russell NHS NHS Scotland Nicola Sturgeon PPE Richard Murphy rule of law Scot goes Pop Scotland Scottish Government Scottish independence Scottish independence referendum Scottish Parliament Section 30 order SNP social distancing trade deals Trump UK Parliament Vote SNP