You may also like...
- Levelling up lies
- Fascism arrives as your friend
- “It’s utter crap”
- Post-Brexit Britain – Failure and Fragmentation
- Who are the non-doms?
- Food for thought
- “We haven’t moved on”
- The Misinformed Man
- Brexit isn’t working
- The Union: An aberration? – Part 2
- The Union: An aberration? – Part 1
- Fire and Rehire
- A coronation like no other – Part 4
- A coronation like no other – Part 3
- A coronation like no other – Part 2
- A coronation like no other – Part 1
- Ivan McKee on ambition and confidence
- No questions asked
- Kleptocracy in the UK
Articles and posts on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the editor or other contributors.
“We’re not just living through history, we’re making it.” Alyn Smith, candidate for Stirling.
Politics and imaginary hobgoblins
‘The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.’ H. L. Mencken
Older posts by month
Words tell stories
Believe in Scotland borders Boris Johnson Brexit Calum Kerr Conservatives COP26 coronavirus Covid-19 democracy Don Roberto Election 2019 environment Equality Nation EU EU membership EU Withdrawal Bill federalism First Minister House of Lords human rights independence independence referendum John Lamont Labour Michael Russell NHS NHS Scotland Nicola Sturgeon partygate PPE Richard Murphy rule of law Scot goes Pop Scotland Scottish Government Scottish independence Scottish independence referendum Scottish Parliament Section 30 order SNP social distancing the union Trump UK Parliament