A stunningly strong and moving 7 minute video written by Fintal O’Toole, drawing on a recent article he wrote for the Guardian.
- Is Scotland really unique? – Part 3
- Is Scotland really unique? – Part 2
- Is Scotland really unique? – Part 1
- The Glasgow Boys and the Borders
- End of road for Scotland’s premium food and drink industry?
- Living better in lockdown
- Wrong satellites and a new deal con
- Sold out
- No deal and damn the torpedoes.
- Building self sufficiency
- This violation
- Lockdown relaxation route map
- Lamont supports lowering of standards
- Government by slogan
- How alert are you?
- Europe Day
- Estonia – a country with a sense of common purpose
- Face coverings: Fad or necessity?
- Has the UK government failed the NHS?
- COVID-19 – A Framework for Decision Making
Articles and posts on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the editor or other contributors.
“We’re not just living through history, we’re making it.” Alyn Smith, candidate for Stirling.
Politics and imaginary hobgoblins
‘The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.’ H. L. Mencken
US/UK trade Deal
Angus MacNeil @ AngusMacNeilSNP tweeted on 28th November 2019: “USA/UK trade deal will only add 0.2% to UK GDP – lot less to US. But Brexit will cost UK 6-8% of GDP. (Eventual trade deals with every country in world only adds about 1.4%) – If these numbers were understood Brexit would end tomorrow.”