- Previous story Politics is too important to leave to politicians
- Real or pretend change?
- JUDGEMENT DAY
- Wooden and woeful
- To those that have
- An era ends: “ane end of ane auld sang”
- “We are family”
- What status quo?
- No longer a happy family
- “We were never truly independent until we joined the EEC”
- Something very exciting
- It’s 19th October 2023
- Ditching the ECHR…ditching our human rights
- My rights, your rights, our rights, everyone’s rights
- If Scotland leaves the UK…
- Building for the future
- The quality of governance
- Levelling up lies
- Fascism arrives as your friend
- “It’s utter crap”
Articles and posts on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the editor or other contributors.
“We’re not just living through history, we’re making it.” Alyn Smith, candidate for Stirling.
Politics and imaginary hobgoblins
‘The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.’ H. L. Mencken
Older posts by month
Words tell stories
2019 election Australia Boris Johnson Brexit Calum Kerr Conservatives COP26 coronavirus Covid-19 democracy Election 2019 Equality Nation EU EU membership EU Withdrawal Bill First Minister Gordon MacIntyre-Kemp human rights independence independence referendum John Lamont Labour Liz Truss material change Michael Russell NHS NHS Scotland Nicola Sturgeon partygate referendum Richard Murphy rule of law Scot goes Pop Scotland Scottish Government Scottish independence Scottish independence referendum Scottish Parliament Section 30 order self-determination SNP the union trade deals Trump Vote SNP