You may also like...
- To cease a 300 year old union
- The UK is a voluntary union of nations
- Of the people, by the people, for the people
- Reading between the lines
- Auld lang syne
- Brexit has happened
- Passion, patience and respect
- Equality Nation’s petition to EU accepted for consideration
- Leaving lights on
- Promises, promises, promises!
- Social and equality impacts of Brexit
- Believe in Scotland launches Scotland the Brief
- The grim cost of Brexit to date
- Petition against the eradication of Scotland – 2
- Petition against the eradication of Scotland – 1
- Macho versus mucho
- UK parliament is sovereign?
- Dear Boris
- Democracy is not a one-off event
- Shackled to a dysfunctional political system
Articles and posts on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the editor or other contributors.
“We’re not just living through history, we’re making it.” Alyn Smith, candidate for Stirling.
Politics and imaginary hobgoblins
‘The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.’ H. L. Mencken
US/UK trade Deal
Angus MacNeil @ AngusMacNeilSNP tweeted on 28th November 2019: “USA/UK trade deal will only add 0.2% to UK GDP – lot less to US. But Brexit will cost UK 6-8% of GDP. (Eventual trade deals with every country in world only adds about 1.4%) – If these numbers were understood Brexit would end tomorrow.”
Older posts by month
Words tell stories
2019 election Adam Price austerity Boris Johnson Brexit Brexmas Calum Kerr Carwyn Jones Christmas Conservatives democracy Dr Philippa Whitford Election 2019 Equality Nation eradication of Scotland EU EU membership EU petition EU Withdrawal Bill fundamental rights independence independence referendum Joanna Cherry John Lamont Jolyon Maugham Labour leaving a light on LibDems NHS Scotland Nicola Sturgeon polls poverty Richard Murphy rule of law Scot goes Pop Scottish Government Scottish independence Scottish independence referendum Scottish Parliament SNP Theresa May the vow Trump Vote SNP Westminster sovereignty